I am very excited about being nominated for the Liebster Award, so thank you to Catherine from Pushing the Moon, I would also like to thank my Mum for her ongoing support, my husband…oh wait, not that kind of reward!
I have now learnt that (please remember I am pretty new to this blogging stuff);
The Liebster Award is a great way for new bloggers, or bloggers with a smaller following, to get to know each other. In accepting the Liebster Award there are some rules to follow as best you can:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Post the Liebster Award badge on your blog.
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 4-11 bloggers (with fewer than 1,000 Twitter followers) who you feel deserve the award.
- Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger that nominated you.
- Write 11 new questions for your nominees
11 Facts about me;
- I was born 6 weeks early.
- I have 4 brothers, 2 older, 2 younger – growing up as the only girl was…interesting.
- I’m a published poet
- I can speak ivagoo
- I initiated the relationship between my husband and I, both times
- I’m an Essex girl
- If anyone sits to my left while eating they risk being elbowed in the face because I jumped off the top of a slide when I was 7, knocking a bone out of place and I can’t eat with it tucked in. It also scuppered my chance of being a world class pianist
- Whilst ‘ice-skating’ in Somerfield’s (yes the Supermarket), I cracked my chin open (I was quite accident prone – I blame all those brothers)
- I love Excel, possibly a little bit too much
- I miss my Friday afternoon naps (I finish work at 1 on a Friday and pre-children used to sleep)
- I don’t like silences and will often talk far too much nonsense for far too long to avoid them.
(that was quite difficult)
Where do you blog?
Usually at the desk/dressing table in my bedroom. We used to have an office but then those little people who squat in our house wanted a bedroom – rude!
Do you find the social media element of blogging as enjoyable as the blogging itself?
I am beginning to. I’m still finding this whole blogging world quite intimidating and am just about getting to grips with it all.
What is your favourite film, and why?
I think it is still ‘Beaches’, I have watched it so many times but still enjoy it, mostly for nostalgic reasons now.
Where do you see your blog in a year from now?
I do not have any real great aspirations for my blog. I use it to document what we’re getting up to mostly for the kids to look at when they’re older and for me to have a place for everything going on in my head. Well, not everything, no one wants to know all that, I don’t think I want to know all that!
Which famous person would you most like to have dinner with?
I know I should probably say someone academic, thought provoking and world changing but I’m not going to lie. So, it would be Channing Tatum, because he is gorgeous and funny and gorgeous.
What would be your dream career?
I would love to be able to write for a living. Children’s books I think.
What is your favourite food?
What is not my favourite food would be easier to answer. I’m very easily pleased. If I had to choose I would have to chocolate. (please don’t make me choose!)
What is your favorite song?
Of all time? She’s Leaving Home by the Beatles, at the moment; Love Me Like You Do, Ellie Goulding
What would be the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Go on a big family holiday, to Disney World
What are you really really good at?
Sleeping and procrastinating
What makes you laugh out loud?
People tripping over (including myself), my kids when they’re being goofy and my husband when he’s trying not to be.
I’m carrying on the no obligation to take part that was passed on to me but please let me know if you do so I can see what you have written.
And here are your questions;
- You’re holding a dinner party, ‘Come Dine with Me’ style, what 3 dishes do you cook?
- Which do you like the most Friends, How I Met Your Mother or The Big Bang Theory?
- Where would be your ideal holiday destination?
- Books or E-Reader?
- What is your favourite time of the day?
- If you had to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
- What is your most favourite word and why?
- What do you use everyday that you would struggle to live without?
- When you were younger what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could be any character, from any film, book or TV show, who would it be?
- If you could choose anyone to receive a retweet or Tweet from, who would it be and why?